Australia Immigration changes to look forward to in 2021
Daily immigration updates at your fingertips!
- 2020 was a challenging year for countries worldwide because of the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak, and Australia was no exception. Many changes occurred in Australian Immigration realm in 2020, from lockdown to border closure and travel restrictions. Now that 2020 has ended, and we have entered 2021, let’s summarize the immigration changes that will occur in 2021.
- The migration program level would remain the same at 160,000 for the 2020-21 program year. The family stream will increase from 47,732 places to 77,300. To ensure Australia’s economic recovery post-COVID-19, Employer-Sponsored, Global Talent, Business Innovation and Investment Program visas will get priority.
- Places for the business, investment and innovation program has increased to 13,500. The government will streamline the operation of the Business Innovation and Investment Program from 1 July 2021.
- The government will establish a task force to manage Global Business and Talent Attraction applications. The task force will attract international businesses and the brightest skilled workers to Australia to ensure its speedy economic recovery.
- Subclass 485 visa will give international students who graduated from regional Australia an extra one or two years of post-study work rights.