The year 2019 will be a landmark year in the history of Australia immigration as numerous immigration amendments will come into force this year.
Top 5 Australia Immigration Amendments That Come Into Force This Year
1. New Temporary Sponsored Parent Visa: Citizens and permanent residents of Oz will be in a position to usher-in their parents from abroad. While the DHA will offer not more than 15,000 visas every year post approval these visas will be legally valid for either 3 or 5 years, and priced at $5,000 and $10,000 in that order.
2. Partner Visa Processing Times Extended: Partner visa sponsorships require to be sanctioned first before applications are presented. What does it denote? It denotes that it will be mandatory for the possible offshore candidates and sponsors to pass through a tough procedure, to review their character and background. It will naturally prolong the Partner Visa procedure.
3. Jump in show money for overseas students: Overseas students will be at a disadvantage. It will be mandatory for them to furnish evidence that they have funds of close-to $20,290. Besides, while to welcome their partners to Down Under they will have to give an additional $7,100, for each child, they will have to pay an extra $3,040.
4. ATO tax records will be matched to employer-sponsored migrants’ wages
The Department of Home Affairs (DHA) will come down hard on the firms that don’t pay the employer-sponsored migrants their nominated wages. Along with the ATO, it will gather the tax file numbers of those with 457/482 TSS Visas and match them with the present tax records.
5. New Visa for South Australia (SA) Start-up Entrepreneurs: The region will pilot a new visa for the entrepreneurs for the Start-up Visa. The entrepreneur applicant will not face any difficulties to get it. The visa’s USP: A. No requirement of $200,000 funding arrangement; B. Requirement of an average band score of just 5 on the IELTS.