How can I apply for a standard visitor visa to the UK?
If you are a foreign national wishing to visit the UK for a short period, you must first apply for a standard visitor visa before planning your travel. You must apply for the visitor visa three months before your intended date of travel. For this, you will need to submit the following documents:
- UK visa application form
- Copy of valid passport with at least three months of validity
- UK Visa Fee Payment Receipt
- Two recent colour photographs
- A detailed itinerary that gives all the information regarding your travel plans and how you wish to spend your time in the UK.
- Proof of accommodation
- Confirmed return Ticket;
- Personal Covering letter (For Employed – Plain paper/ For Self-Employed – Letterhead);
- Proof that you will return to your home country after the expiry of your visa
- Proof you have enough funds to support your trip
- Copy of Income Tax Returns/Form 16 for the last three years
- TB test results report
List of supporting documents as per your occupation for the UK visitor visa:
If you are employed:
- Copy of leave-sanctioned certificate with company seal and signature;
- Salary slip for last three months
- Business Registration License / MOA / Partnership deed;
- Company’s updated bank statement for the last 6 months;
- Company’s IT returns for the last 3 years.
For retired workers
- Submit proof of retirement like pension book, bank statement, etc.
- School or college identity card
- Bonafide certificate
In the case of a minor
- No objection certificate from parents/guardian
- ID of parents
- ID proof of inviter in the UK
If you are visiting a friend or relative
- Copy of an invitation letter
- Inviter’s address proof and other identity-related documents.
- Other documents like electricity bills and utility bills.
If you are sponsored
- Letter of sponsorship
- Sponsor’s national ID proof like Passport, PAN card, or Resident permit;
- Updated bank statement for last 6 months;
- Income tax returns of last 3 years.
What is the UK Visitor Visa Processing Time?
If all your documents are complete and in order, you should get your visa within three weeks of attending the visa appointment.
The processing date is counted from the date you attend your biometric appointment, or when the complete application has been submitted.
Learn more about the UK visit visa or skilled worker visa UK by contacting us. Fill our free assessment for or just dial 8595338595 or drop an email at [email protected].