Breaking News!! As New Year’s gift, Canada Immigration authority has announced a new skilled immigration program for foreign skilled workers and graduates. The new pathway is known as Priority Skills Newfoundland and Labrador that will permit highly-educated and highly-skilled newcomers who meet the local employment shortage and demands. The program will also allow the international students who graduated from the Memorial University of Newfoundland with a Masters or Doctorate within three years.
The new program will commence on 2nd Jan 2021 for skilled professionals and international students. Every year, the province will invite a total of 2500 new permanent residents annually.
How does the program work?
1. The new Priority Skills Newfoundland and Labrador will operate on the expression of interest (EOI) system.
2. Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria such as:
• Age must be a minimum of 21 years
• Must have a minimum of one-year skilled work experience in an in-demand occupation of the province
• International students graduated from Memorial University of Newfoundland with a Masters or Doctorate in one of the four domains: Technology, Health Care, Aquaculture, and Agriculture.
• Applicants must score a minimum of 60 points in the provincial points assessment grid
• Minimum CLB 5 for English language proficiency
3. A job offer is not mandatory for the eligibility for Canada PR Visa.
What are the In-demand occupations of the program?
1. Healthcare Occupations
• Nurse Practitioner (NP)
• Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
• Personal Care Attendant (PCA)
• Clinical Psychologist
• Medical Physicist
• Radiation Therapist
2. Engineers and Developers
• Software Developer
• Biomedical Engineer
• UI/UX Developer
• Electrical Engineer
• AI Developer
• Mechanical Engineer
• Python Developer
• Web Developer
• .NET Developer
• Infrastructure Engineer
3. Technical Specialists
• Security Specialist
• Cloud Specialist
• Computer Network Support
• Research Associate
• Data Analytics
• Offshore Technician
• ROV Operator
• Ocean Mapping Specialist
• Technical Writer
4. Aquaculture sector occupations
• Captain (FM4 certification required)
• Farming and Feeding Manager
For more information on Canada Immigration and Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program pathway, you can reach us @ 8595338595